Sunday, July 6, 2008

Slinging paint

Around Evening, 2008. 9 x 12 sold



I have been slinging paint on a very large commission (a 60 x 72) for the better part of the last eight weeks. As a result, I haven't had a lot of time to do any other work, but this was a piece I did while I was letting the large piece sit. Do you ever need to let a painting sit for a while? These big commissions take so much energy that it feels good just to be able to knock out a smaller painting in a much more manageable time period.


I'll post the commission when its finished.


Hopefully it will be done this week.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi John,

Thanks for your comments and here I am with some for you. I love your big clouds and the yellow cloud is especially fantastic. But you know I like red, too!

Good luck with the big commission.

Best,
Penny

John Karl Claes said...

Thanks Penny, I will be gald when this commission is done