Saturday, March 24, 2007

the commission, part II

Shortly Before (detail)
a
a
a
The canvas is done and now I am waiting for the right time to start the painting. I'm not waiting for inspiration, just enough time to devote to getting a good start on the painting. And on a painting this size it can take all day to lay in the colors. It also takes emotion energy to start a painting, when I am facing a blank canvas that is almost four feet wide, it can be a bit daunting. Just who the heck do I think I am to be able to paint on that? I have to have the confidence that I can make a effective painting, because believe me there are days that when I get home from work that I think my painting career is over...I'll never be able to make another effective painting again, but alas my wonderful wife tells me that it was just a bad day and tomorrow will be better...and she's always right. Painting is about making decisions...sometimes I make good decisions and some days I make awful ones. So every time I start a painting I have to believe that I will make the right decisions for this painting...

No comments: