Monday, March 29, 2010

The Bank Job, part IV... the process

Big Red, 2010. oil on canvas. 40 x 60. sold

This is the last painting for the bank. I took a whole series of pictures while I was working on this painting and I thought that everybody would enjoy seeing the process of how the painting took shape.




drawing the composition

laying in the first layer of color


putting in a little red...


refining and adding to the sky

working on the fields


further refining of sky and fields



done.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

great idea John! I like this one!!!

John Karl Claes said...

Thanks, Penny. I wasn't even planning to do it, but I had taken some other photos of some finished paintings. So I had my tripod set up and I snapped a picture of the just started painting and thought "this might be a interesting idea..."

Unknown said...

I love to see the process of your paintings as they develop. This painting, as emotionally dramatic as it is, was a great one to see this way. Thanks.

Popi said...

That comment was left under a different account than my personal one.