Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hope


Hope, 2009. oil on canvas 36 x 46. sold



This is a painting from my show in Sacramento. I had a very hard time photographing it because the camera could not read the green. I'm not sure why, but maybe it was because I used an unusual blue in the green. I can't remember which Gamblin blue it was, but it was not one of the blues that I use a lot. Strange.



The painting is part of a continuing series of paintings called Hope. I enjoy when landscape painting can tell a larger story than of just the land. I don't know if it's important to the viewer, but when a visual idea connects with me on a deeper level I believe I make stronger paintings.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi John, I got to see the show online !!! It's beautiful and there's already a SOLD sign on one. Congrats.
Wish I was closer, I would love to see your work there.
Good luck with the whole show. I'd love to see you and visit.