Friday, March 13, 2009

I just can't stop


Slowly Moving Through, 2009. Charcoal on paper 31 x 32

I have been drawing nearly everyday for the last month or so. I really have to blame some friends for my situation. I did a drawing for them at the beginning of the year, and it has just opened the flood gates. I have done more drawing in the first quarter of this year than I have done in the last four years combined. I was working so hard on my paintings that I just didn't have time to to concentrate on anything else. It's interesting to see how my process has changed. A decade ago my paintings were very informed by my drawings, now my drawings are affected by my paintings. Each medium has its own unique aspects, but I am finding they are become more intertwined as I develop as an artist.

No comments: