Sunday, April 13, 2008

Where does the time go?

Winter Clouds, 2008. oil on panel 8 x 10 sold




It has been a crazy few weeks, and everything seems to be happening all at once. This year, I am trying to be more prepared and not wait until the last minute so I already getting ready for a group landscape show (a show that I am also organizing) at First Street Gallery this coming June. I think that I am almost ready for that show. Maybe one more painting, I think...




This little painting was something I did when I was working on another larger painting for the show. What was unusual for me with this piece is not only the painting which is a winter scene, but the frame which is a very ornate in a deep earth reddish color and at least three or four inches wide. (Sorry, I didn't take a picture of the frame.) I usually use a simple modern floater frame for all my work, so this frame was a huge departure for me. I found the frame in the back of one of my galleries, and they let me take it and see what I could paint for it. I'd never done anything like that before, and it was kinda fun probably because it worked.


No comments: